2 pounds carrots
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (optional)
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- Scrub or peal carrots. Cut off ends and place in a skillet large enough to contain all of the carrots.
- Fill with just enough water to cover the carrots.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover skillet with a lid and boil until tender but not cooked completely, about 5-8 minutes. This step can be done in advance.
- Store in refrigerator in a sealed container up to two days.
- Drain. Replace cooked carrots in the same skillet.
- Add butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and balsamic vinegar and sauté over low heat for 8-10 minutes, until all of the vinegar has evaporated and a thick sauce remains.
- If you like extra sweet carrots, an additional tablespoon of honey can be added. If you don’t have access to Honey-Ginger Balsamic Vinegar, you can substitute with 2 tablespoons white balsamic, 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger and 2 tablespoons honey.