4 large eggs
2/3 cup whole milk
Wayfare Baker – Cinnamon-Raisin bread
1 tablespoon butter, plus additional to serve
1/2 pure maple syrup
2 tsp Premium Aged or Chocolate Balsamic vinegar
Pinch of sea salt
- Cut the bread into ¾ inch slices. You should be able to get 8 slices from a loaf.
- Place slices on a sheet pan and toast under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, just until lightly toasted. Flip and toast on the other side.
- Remove from oven and reserve.
- In a small serving cup mix the maple syrup with the balsamic vinegar.
- In a small bowl, whip eggs until blended. Transfer eggs to a larger bowl. (Bowl should have a flat bottom and be large enough so that the bread will lay flat.)
- Add the milk and salt to the eggs and whisk until blended. Soak each piece of bread in the eggs/milk mixture, turning several time so soak up the liquid.
- Set fry pan on medium high and add the butter and heat until bubbly. Working in batches, place bread in the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, flip and cook on the other side. Add additional butter between batches if necessary.
- Serve with the maple-balsamic syrup and additional butter.