3 pounds ground beef or turkey
1 pound ground pork
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 cans black beans, drained
2 (13) ounce cans chopped tomatoes
1 bottle dark beer
1 (7.4) ounce can chipotle chilies in Adobo Sauce, chopped
1 pint fresh salsa (tomato, onion, jalapeño peppers)
1 tablespoon cumin
2-3 bay leaves
1 stick cinnamon
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Hickory Smoked Balsamic Vinegar
- Brown meat in a large Dutch oven or 6 quart stockpot with a lid, drain off fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours with the lid on.
- If you’re using a crock-pot, brown the meat in a large pan, drain off the fat and deglaze with the beer.
- Add all remaining ingredients and set the crock-pot.
- Place the lid on top on cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Spoon hot chili into bowls.
- Drizzle about 2 teaspoons of the Hickory Smoked Balsamic Vinegar over chili
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Pass optional toppings.