ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
This wine vinegar is made using Orleans method, developed in the 14th century. To start fermentation, oak barrels of wine are inoculated with a “mother of vinegar” – a cellulose glob loaded with acetic acid bacteria from an established vinegar. Periodically, vinegar is drawn off and fresh, high quality Sangiovese red wine is then added; the process continues until all the alcohol is converted into acetic acid. This method makes for the most flavorful wine vinegar because it gives the flavor compounds time to develop and mature. Made exclusively by Aceto Varvello in Northern Italy.
OLIVE OIL PAIRINGS:
All Super Premium EVOO
All Infused Olive Oils
Legumes, especially Chickpeas
Beef, Pork & Poultry
Winter Greens, especially Kale, Swiss Chard & Collard Greens
- Use to deglaze a pan after sauteing chicken or vegetables.
- Use to braise vegetables, beef, pork or chicken.
- Drizzle to finish cooked greens.
- Combine with any Super Premium EVOO or infused olive oil to dress your favorite salads.
- Combine with a Medium Super Premium EVOO to dress Panzanella (Tuscan Bread Salad).
- Use in slow-cooked beef or chicken stews.
- Add to stir-fry sauces; it is especially delicious with stir-fried bell peppers and steak.
ACIDITY: 7.1% | SHELF LIFE: 36 Months | NOTES: 7.1% acidity is standard in Europe for best in class wine vinegars.